Friday, October 03, 2008

I'm Radioactive Mother Fuckers!!!!



Hey kids and kidettes! Guess what? Well, as you might have guessed from my super subtle title, my ass is totally radioactive right now.

What's that? How you ask?

Well, it's actually rather simple. You see I have a disease called Graves disease. It's an autoimmune disease that can wreak all kinds of havoc on your body. One of the many fun side effects of Graves disease is hyperthyroidism. Which means my thyroid is a super over achiever and makes a fuckton more thyroid hormone than I need.

Unfortunately, that can cause all kinds of problems for yours truly. Such as accelerated heart rate, tremors (especially of the hands. It sucks trust me), mania, depression, racing thoughts, an inability to concentrate and weight loss.

Over time it can even cause permanent damage to your heart. The point is kiddies, that it sucks.

A lot.

So, I am getting treatment. The anti-thyroid drugs I was taking didn't work. Boo. So now I'm undergoing radioactive iodine treatment.

The goal is to use a very small amount of radioactive iodine to disable my thyroid to the point where it is only producing the amount of thyroid hormone that I need. Thus, ridding me of these foul symptoms that have been a thorn in my side for far too long! Also, maybe it will cure me of my tendency to randomly channel Dr. Doom. Curse you Richards!!!!

Oops, sorry.

Anyway, the side affect to ingesting radioactive shit, is that I am very slightly radioactive, and am in a sort of mini quarantine. Nothing serious, I just can't be too close to people for a few days. Also, no swapping spit (bummer) or urinating into people's mouths anymore (also bummer)
so that kinda sucks.

Anysploo, I'm gonna find a spider, trap it in a jar over my hand and piss it the fuck off until it bites me. Then, it's superhero city baby!! Whoohoo!

So, if in a few days you hear about some superhot lady crawling all over buildings and foiling criminals...actually I don't know what to tell you about that.

However, if in a few days you hear about a mildly attractive lady, crawling all over buildings in an extremely poorly made costume, foiling criminals, then don't worry. It's just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman.

(Namely, me)

I wonder how long it takes to have those little cards printed up....